Grammar for IELTS 2023: Guide & Rules to Follow
Stanberry Educity | January 17, 2023
Stanberry Educity offers the most illustrious IELTS training. We provide excellent practice to the students and help them to learn tips and tricks that are needed for taking the IELTS Test with full confidence and conviction. We help you become familiar with the IELTS Test Preparation and provide you tips to crack the exam. We help you achieve a good score in your IELTS exam.
Stanberry Educity is preparing candidates for a better future and providing them the best training according to updated rules and instructions of IDP, British Council and Cambridge English Language Assessment for the most popular countries where IELTS, PTE, score is mostly preferred and accepted for taking admissions in popular universities of top Countries like- UK, Australia, New Zealand, USA, and Canada. The exam mainly measures the overall ability of test-takers to communicate in the four Basic English language skills – listening, reading, speaking, and writing.
IELTS from STANBERRY EDUCITY
If you aspire to study abroad in the topmost universities and colleges, you need to clear a proficiency test in the English language. Join the Stanberry Educity team to better understand the exam format, learn test-taking strategies, and advance your reading, writing, and conversational English-language skills. Start your journey today to reach your goals, and get the test score you need for success.You may know that you have to get a certain IELTS score to fulfil your work or study ambitions. By taking an IELTS test. You will get an objective assessment of your English language abilities, and receive a test report that is recognized and widely accepted by thousands of institutions around the world, including companies, universities, and professional bodies. Taking an IELTS test gives you the motivation to study hard and improve your English.
- Interactive Practical Training Session by Experts.
- Topic Presentation tasks to enhance confidence.
- Regular Mock test and Feedback session.
- Practice Webinar Sessions.
- Courses Modules are designed to practice Real-Life Scenarios and Role-play.
- Help to improve pronunciation and connect you in one-on-one group discussions.
- Basic Grammar (Sentences making, Parts of Speech, tenses, active and passive voice, direct and indirect Narration).
- Vocabulary Extending Program and Improving pronunciation and fluency.
Grammar Rules to Ace IELTS
Grammar for IELTS Writing
- IELTS writing section consists of two tasks that are to be completed within 60 minutes.
- In Task-I you will be presented with graphs, diagrams and other information based on which you will have to describe the data and give a conclusion.
- In Task-II, you are asked to write an essay that needs to be up to the standard.
- Grammar for IELTS Reading Section is undoubtedly the most important part as evaluators will judge your writing aptitude by your ability to write and your understanding of the grammar.
Grammar for IELTS Reading
- IELTS Reading Section comprises 3 sections that include passages aimed at testing your reading skills.
- Consisting of 40 questions on a variety of topics and of varied length to be completed in 60 minutes, the test includes reading for gist, skimming, understanding logical arguments given in the text.
- The section can appear to be easy but it is a tricky one as you are asked to recognize the writers’ opinions and attitudes besides their purpose of writing it.
- Grammar for IELTS Reading Section helps you to achieve clarity while answering the questions.
Grammar for IELTS Speaking
- The IELTS Speaking Section takes 11-14 minutes to complete. The section is aimed at testing your speaking skills.
- The questions range from personal to general to speak about a given topic.
- While Speaking, you can have mother tongue influence which is okay but grammar for IELTS speaking section is taken seriously.
- You will be evaluated on parameters like confidence, fluency and pronunciation for which grammar is crucial.
Grammar for IELTS Listening
- The section has four recorded texts, monologues and conversations on which 40 questions are asked.
- You will be made to listen to the recordings by various native speakers to test your aptitude for understanding the English language in various situations.
- Evaluating your ability to understand ideas and detailed factual information besides the underlying attitudes of speakers. Recordings of various accents are used to make it more challenging and inclusive.
- The importance of grammar for IELTS Listening Section must not be undermined as it is the basic thing that will help you comprehend the recordings in a given time and make apt inferences.
Grammar is the backbone of the English language. A strong command of the English language is highly acceptable in today’s society.
Therefore, students interested in giving the IELTS test must be proficient in grammar. However, good grammar command is essential to score high in all the test sections, mainly in reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
The role of grammar in IELTS is extremely important since it helps to know about an individual’s knowledge and performance. IELTS is an English language proficiency test, the test takers must ensure that the responses the students give are written with correct grammar. Grammar is crucial in all four sections of the test. However, it plays a major role in the writing and speaking sections. So, stronger grammar knowledge will ensure that the applicant is fluent in understanding what the topic asks and what others want to say right away.
Tips to Follow the Grammar for IELTS
- Make correct use of tenses while speaking or writing in daily life.
- Try to use passive voice while speaking.
- Do practice changing active voice to passive using practice modules.
- Must use correct verb forms and punctuation marks.
- Must use proper helping verbs according to tense.
- Remember to use s or es where necessary.
- Remember to change the tone according to the situation.
- Candidates must not make unnecessary use of modals.
- Make well-structured sentences by using proper articles and adjectives.
- Most candidates make mistakes in using prepositions.
- Adequate knowledge of prepositions is necessary to make meaningful sentences while speaking and writing.
- Always use “I”.
Proper grammar for the IELTS exam is essential to getting a decent band score, which is a basic criterion for studying in an English-speaking country. The choice of a candidate’s answer depends upon the grammar, which can affect the grammar score. So, know the basic grammar rules, follow the tips, and stay all informed to crack that test. The institution itself provides a list of the supporting documentation needed to complete study abroad applications. Once you have made up your mind to study abroad, check for openings and begin preparing for your new adventure. Studying abroad requires a lot of preparation, execution, and ideation, but don’t worry—at Stanberry Educity , we’ll help you ace your study abroad plan like a champ!